202b Anatomy and Physiology – Telephonic Course
Anatomy & Physiology Description
A basic understanding of anatomy and physiology is essential for the professional practice of stress management with polychromatic light technology. The course is written in 10 modules with accompanying support materials and videos.
The basic content and the test questions related to Anatomy & Physiology is the same regardless of how you choose to learn. You may select one of three options: the Self Study format, a Telephonic Conversational format, or a Live event on location. CEUs will be granted upon completion of requirements listed below.
The SELF STUDY Course is offered as an online course available to you 24/7. Study and submit answers to test questions for each of the 10 Modules when its convenient for you. CEUs are granted following completion of test questions and the course evaluation.
The TELEPHONIC Course (featured) is offered in a five-day format taught via Zoom live/interactive meeting. The instructor presents two modules per meeting which typically last up to 2 hours depending on student participation. This is a highly interactive teaching format allowing students the opportunity to ask questions as the course progresses. Preparation for each module is encouraged and supported by the reference materials provided in each lesson module. Students will be sent a ZOOM meeting invitation to their SMCPLT account email. The meeting invitation provides calendar reminders along with simple instructions to connect. Downloading the ZOOM meeting app to your computer is encouraged, however, not required as telephone access codes are also provided as an alternative connection method. CEUs will be granted upon completion of the course lessons, quizzes, and evaluation.
- March 27, 29, April 3, 5, 10 (Tuesday and Thursday evenings)
- 5:00 pm Pacific; 6:00 pm Mountain; 7:00 pm Central; 8:00 pm Eastern
Be sure to schedule early! Registration closes March 24, 2018
The LIVE Course is offered on location in a two-day format. The LIVE COURSE includes the basic content plus the added benefit of the course instructor teaching how light impacts every system in the body. Participants have the opportunity to ask questions as the course progresses. CEUs are granted upon a finished review of online modules and completion of the course evaluation.
202b Anatomy and Physiology –
The study of human anatomy and physiology (A&P) is an inquiry into the complexity of the human body. A&P lays a foundation for understanding PLT relevant cell physiology presented in both the PLT Technologies and PLT Therapeutics courses.
While we have chosen a systems module approach there are several key points to keep in mind.
- First, recognizing the names of the structures in one module will aid in understanding names of structures in a subsequent module. For example, one the bones in the forearm is the radius. As you go through the Muscle System you will find a muscle called a flexor carpi radialis. Similarly, there is a radial artery which is part of the Circulatory System. Recognizing the similarity in names will assist with learning their location and function.
- Second, having a basic understanding of one system will serve as a starting point for understanding how all body systems work together. For example, you will discover that red blood cells typically associated with the circulatory system are formed in bone marrow produced at the end of long bones; information presented in the Skeletal System Module.
- Third, not only do systems work together, you will discover there is an inter-dependency between systems. For example, the Skeletal System cannot move unless it has muscles to move the bones. Likewise, both bones and muscles need a container, which is the skin. The skin which serves as a barrier against external toxins also serves as the first line of defense for the Immune System. (The SKIN is also the interface with PLT - got you curious?)
The A & P TELEPHONIC COURSE is offered in a five-day format for two hours each session. The instructor will present two Modules each day. The TELEPHONIC COURSE includes the basic content plus the added benefit of the course instructor teaching how light impacts every system in the body. Participants have the opportunity to ask questions as the course progresses. CEUs are granted upon a finished review of online modules and completion of the course evaluation. The test questions with immediate answer feedback are represented online.
Continuing Education Units
- Identify the basic structure and function of the Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems in the body
- Identify the location and function of the organs associated with the Respiratory, Circulatory, Lymphatic, Digestive, Urinary and Endocrine Systems
- Identify the major fluids in the body, their function and associated system
- Identify major parts of the Nervous System
- Identify the major lobes of the brain and their associated function with other bodily systems
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 10
- Duration 5 Days (20 hours)
- Skill level Professional Level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Notice: It is important to click COMPLETE at the end of each module before advancing to the next module. Once you reach “100% COMPLETE” you will be given the option to click FINISH COURSE to view your Certificate (not applicable to FREE courses). Your Certificate of Completion will be delivered to your account once you complete the course evaluation and click COMPLETE.