The SMCPLT Professional Studies is a career-changing opportunity designed for people committed to promoting natural health care. The Health Building Industry has several well-established modalities embraced by mainstream medicine as valuable adjunctive health caring interventions. Stress management is one of the top five.
The PROFESSIONAL STUDIES licensing and certification track blends stress management training with the use of polychromatic light technology (PLT). SMCPLT is an approved educational provider by the Natural Therapies Certification Board, a nationally recognized accredited program which maintains strict professional standards.
The curriculum is designed for people seeking professional level training. The rigor and standards of the curriculum are the highest in the industry. The learning objectives are competency-based (only A&P has written tests). You will be challenged to learn and grow.
Completing this program gives graduates the credentials to build a practice in the health promotion industry as a licensed and board-certified Stress Management Coach using Polychromatic Light Technology.
Bringing knowledge from the research table to best new practices for health promotion requires knowledgeable, committed professionals. Join us!
The therapeutic use of low-level light therapy has captured the interest of medical researchers across the globe. The evidence is mounting in support of LED technology as a novel, non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical, highly therapeutic health promoting self-care tool. As more and more licensed medical professionals add light therapy, specifically polychromatic light technology, to their patient care practice, PLT is likely to become a medical subspecialty in the not too distant future.
SMCPLT offers lay persons launching their health promotion business the opportunity to license and certify in this burgeoning specialty. Licensing and certification are professional standards for anyone entering the healthcare industry. Professional Studies courses are designed to provide a solid foundation upon which to build your new career as a Stress Management Coach using Polychromatic Light Technologies and Therapeutics.
- Completing the coursework and your internship completes the certification requirements.
- Completing the professional correspondence courses and the coaching class completes the licensing requirements.
- Completing BOTH (and submitting the necessary paperwork) licenses you and certifies you as a Stress Management Coach using polychromatic light technologies and its therapeutics.
Professional Studies courses teach not only the language of this subspecialty, but also the unique synergy between stress management, PLT, and coaching skills. This career training gives you a strong foundation for market opportunities as a PLT practitioner or a PLT trainer.
Course sequence for certification and licensing:
- Self Study Correspondence Courses
- Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) NOTE: A&P must be completed before enrolling in the PLT Therapeutics Course.
- PLT Technologies
- Practicum NOTE: Enrollment may overlap the technologies and/or the therapeutics courses
- PLT Therapeutics
- Internship NOTE: Started after completing the therapeutics course and may be taken simultaneously with the Coaching course.
- Coaching Course
These courses are open to anyone seeking a deeper understanding of this fascinating field of health promotion. Each course awards CEU credits upon completion.
Start by registering for your first course today!